This RN will cover the Edgecombe County Area.
$10,000 SIGN ON BONUS/Educational Reimbursement PROGRAM/HIGHER RATES!!
Full time HHN,RN (40 hours) Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00PM.
1Conducts the admission of the patient to the Agency by: obtaining a medical history, to include Oasis when needed, particularly as it relates to the present condition, from the patient and / or family member (s); performing a physical assessment of the patient; assessing the patient's support systems to determine what assistance will be availalbe from family members and their ability to meet the patient's immediate needs upon admission and thorughout care; assessing the patient, family member (s) and home situationto determine what health teaching willbe required; assessing the patient's condition andhome situationto determine if other home health services are needed; interpreting nursing and other services of the Agency to patient's and families as a part of planning for care.
2. Develops and implements the patient care plan in cooperation with other Agency professionals and paraprofessionals who will be providing care to the patient in McKesson.
3.Manages assigned cases and provides skilled nursing care as outlined on the physician's plan of treatment and in accordance with the Agency's policies and procedures.
4. Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician and other applicable personnel, reations to treatments, including drugs and changes in the patient's physical or emotional condition and outcomes of intervention. Ensures on-going evlauation of patient / family response to care.
5. Adequately educates, teaches, supervises, consults, and counsels the patient / family members regarding the nursing care needs, other related problems of the patient at home, the disease process, sel-care techniques, end-of-life care, and processes for daling with issues of ethical concern. Also provides specialized hospice training to other staff, family members and informal caregivers to insure adequate care.
6. Initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures, as appropriate, for the patient's care and safety.
7. Ensures that care is provided by the Home Health Nursing Assistant by providing the Nursing Assistant with a written plan of care and specific duties to be performed, by supervising and evaluating the care given at least once every two weeks, and by participating in periodic conferences with the Director of CLinical Services or Assistant Director of CLinical Services concerning the Nursing Assistant's performance.
8. Accurately documents in medical record those services the Home Health Nurse has rendered to the patient, conferences held with other disciplines, the physician, or community resources, changes noted in the patient's condition and/or family and home situation, makes revisions in the nursing care plan as needed, records supervisory visits conducted with the Home Health Nursing Assistant, and evaluates patient care and prepare clinical and progress notes that demonstrate progress toward established goals.
9. Appropriately consults with the attending or on-call physician concerning alteration of the plan of treatment and documents, in writing, appropriate change of orders where necessary.
10.Communicates with supervisor concerning problems of the patient(s) on a timely basis and
communicates information using current process and technology available to the organization.
11. Turns in all paperwork to the designated person in the office by 5pm on Monday, and
communicates nightly for laptop purposes when visits are done. Makes a verbal report of new
admissions and ER visits to the primary nurse Sunday night or Monday morning between 8:00-9:00 a.m.
12. Collaborates with Clinical Director to meet minimum 12. 85% productivity.
Keeps up-to-date on reimbursement criteria and charting needs for all patients under his/her care and supervision.
13. Keeps up-to-date on reimbursement criteria and charting needs for all patients under his/her care
14. Sees scheduled visits after 5:00 p.m. on Fridays as warranted. Works at least one weekend day when Christmas falls on a weekend.
15. Attends and participates in office staff meetings, patient care conferences, record audits, utilization review, quality improvement/assurance activities, in-services, workshops, and seminars when appropriate. Adheres to the minutes of the ITC and staff meetings.
16. Continually strives to improve nursing care through continuing education, active participation in professional and related organizations and individual research and readings. Evaluates own needs for support and uses identified system(s) to meet those needs.
17. Takes weekend call as assigned.
18. Attends the appropriate hours of in-service training per year as required.
19. Adheres to the Agency's personnel policies and Compliance Plan.
20. Willingly performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
21. Ensures referrals are evaluated timely with a NPU goal of 6% or less.
22. Assists with covering visits in other offices as assigned.
23. Displays a high degree of courtesy, tact, and knowledge of services provided by the agency in all contact with staff, patients, and visitors.
Registered Nurse currently licensed to practice nursing in the state of North Carolina.
Minimum of one-year experience as a professional nurse in an acute care setting.
Prefer a minimum of one years Home Health experience
Associated topics: hospice, intensive, intensive care unit, mhb, psychatric, recovery, registered nurse, tcu, transitional, unit